A Walking Tour Of Antalya
Antalya is a beautiful city on the Mediterranean coast of southwestern Turkey, known for its sandy beaches, historic landmarks, and vibrant culture. If you’re planning a trip to Antalya and want to explore the city on foot, here’s a walking tour that takes you to some of the city’s most iconic landmarks and attractions:
- Start your tour at the ancient Hadrian’s Gate, located in the heart of the city. This triumphal arch was built in the 2nd century to honor the Roman Emperor Hadrian, and is a beautiful example of Roman architecture.
- From Hadrian’s Gate, head east towards the old town, Kaleiçi. Stroll through the narrow streets, lined with colorful houses, and visit the Antalya Museum, which has a collection of artifacts from the city’s history.
- From the old town, head south towards the harbor and the Antalya Marina. Take a leisurely stroll along the waterfront, and stop at one of the many seafood restaurants for a bite to eat.
- From the marina, head west towards the Antalya Museum of History and Art, which has a collection of artifacts from the city’s history, as well as contemporary art exhibitions.
- From the museum, continue west towards the Antalya Bazaar, a bustling market filled with stalls selling souvenirs, handicrafts, and local specialties.
- Finish your tour at the beautiful Karaalioğlu Park, located in the western part of the city. This green oasis has fountains, gardens, and a lake, and is a perfect spot to relax and take a break.
Antalya is a city with a rich history and vibrant culture, and there’s no shortage of things to see and do. Whether you’re interested in history, art, shopping, or just soaking up the atmosphere of this beautiful city, there’s something for everyone in Antalya.